All parcels within Sacramento County are subject to being billed for the following services (depending upon your location):
- Refuse Services
- Stormwater Utility (Drainage)
- Sewer Services
- Water Supply
Payment is the responsibility of the owner(s) of each property receiving service.
If you are buying/receiving or selling/giving a home/parcel that receives any or all of the above services, the following process generally occurs:
- Upon completion of the transfer of ownership, the Grant or Trust Deed is recorded with the County Assessor's Office with the effective date of ownership.
- After recordation and County Assessor updates to county databases, Consolidated Utilities Billing and Service (CUBS) will import this information and create an account for the new owner while ending the account of the old owner. This process can take up to 3 weeks after transfer of ownership.
- In most cases, the new owner of the property should receive a welcome letter within 4 weeks and their first bill within 6 – 8 weeks of the ownership transfer. If you have not received your first bill after 8 weeks of the effective date of ownership, you may want to call us at 916-875-5555 (if outside area code 916, call toll free at 800-932-8990).
- In most cases, the old owner of the property should receive their final bill within 4 weeks. If you have not received your final bill after the 4 weeks of the effective date of transfer of ownership, you may want to call us at 916-875-5555 (if outside area code 916, call toll free at 800-932-8990). To insure delivery of your final bill and any other correspondence, please provide us with your new address by filling out our address change form.